Topic: How to save matrices in a file, effective way
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 10:15 AM

Edwardo

Re: How to save matrices in a file, effective way

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <k92qrk$1eu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Edwardo " <edwardo.rivera@upr.edu> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> >
> > I a doing a program that multiplies a lot of matrices. All the matrices
> > are stores in a cell matrix. where:
> >
> > cell(index,1) is the matrix in the left cell(index,2)is the matrix of the
> > right
> > cell(index,3) is the result.
> > I want to save a lot of matrices in this way in a file (example):
> >
> > cell(index,1) cell(index,2) = cell(index,3)
> > cell(index,1) cell(index,2) = cell(index,3)
> > cell(index,1) cell(index,2) = cell(index,3)
> > and so on.
> >
> > I know that exist the function dlmwrite, but I dont know exactly how to
> > use it so that I can have this format.

> If you want more control over the specific format with which your data is
> written to the file, look at the FPRINTF function.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

I tried this:
fid=fopen("somefile.txt","w")
for index=1:size(cell,1)
fprintf(fid,"%i %i = %i\n",cell(index,1),cell(index,2),cell(index,3));
end
fclose(fid);

but first, I have to convert the matrix that was in the cell, to a matrix (cell2matrix). But the output to the file was bad. it print a matrix, in a line...