Topic: Manually tell Mathematica how to evaluate integrals
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 3:18 AM

Eckhard Schlemm

Re: Manually tell Mathematica how to evaluate integrals

Thank you DC. There is a typo in my original statement. I meant to suggest that

x PolyLog[n+1,Exp[x]] - PolyLog[n+2,Exp[x]

is the anti-derivative of the function

x PolyLog[n,Exp[x]].

That seems to be confirmed by differentiating the former expression.

Any ideas as to why Mathematica won't evaluate this integral, even in the explicit case of, say, n=4?