Topic: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS
Replies: 85   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 7:23 AM

FredJeffries@gmail.com

Re: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS

On Nov 26, 9:19 pm, "Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlay...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 26, 12:03 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <ba2d403e-154a-46d2-9fc9-6e5ae92ed...@vy11g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,

> > > I wrote all that.
>
> > Did you?
>
> > I certainly do not ever recall seeing your alleged EF adequately
> > presented, and see now no references to where one might see it
> > presented, whether adequately or not.

> > And if you still will not provide a reference to it, a url, or something
> > through which anyone can access it to see it for him or her self, it is
> > as if no such thing ever existed.

> > Which in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I will continue to
> > assume.
> > --

> http://mathforum.org/kb/search!execute.jspa?forumID=13&objID=f13&forc...
> at least hundreds of results
>
> http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7888348"Cantor-
> Finlayson theory"
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/af29323d694cf89e1999 -
> "Equivalency Function"
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/ccb0941dc3421afdperhaps
> the first mention
>
> Do you know the old saw about "assume"?
>
> My friends, or as I would so address you, the definition of EF is
> written in some few lines:  constantly monotonically increasing from
> zero through one.

You've had this function for 13 years now and you STILL can't
calculate the area of a triangle with it.

Date Subject Author
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
Virgil
ross.finlayson@gmail.com