Topic: Function Libraries and 'LibraryFunction'
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 11:38 PM

Patrick Scheibe

Re: Function Libraries and 'LibraryFunction'

Hi,

I see no one has written an answer yet. First of all, yes, Mathematica
supports the loading of library function. Please start reading the
documentation here

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/LibraryLink/tutorial/Overview.html

Additionally, you want to check out

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/LibraryLink.html

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/CCompilerDriver/tutorial/Overview.html

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/CCompilerDriver/ref/CreateLibrary.html

and all references therein.

These are basically the (1.) gotchas you should know and the (3.) doc. Furthermore, please note, that you have code-examples which reside in

SystemFiles/Links/LibraryLink/LibraryResources/Source

under your Mathematica install path.

2.) Everything is explained in the documentation. The big advantage is, that it is possible to access tensors (lists, matrices, ..) of the Mathematica without copying them.

I hope this gives you a start.

Cheers
Patrick