Topic: nansum vs nanmean
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 6:09 PM

Peter Perkins

Re: nansum vs nanmean

All true, but the original post was about why nansum([NaN NaN NaN]') is
zero while nanmean([NaN NaN NaN]') is NaN. The answer is, "because 0/0
equals NaN". The zero in the numerator is from nansum, the one in the
denominator is from having zero things to sum up.