Topic: load column in from text file
Replies: 12   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 3:47 PM

Fiboehh

Re: load column in from text file

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message <k9ai2f$3ij$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 11/30/2012 8:56 AM, Fiboehh wrote:
>

> > eval(['load ' fnames(k).name ' -ascii']);
>
> what is the deal with this eval thing? why not write normal
> code and just call the function load() directly?
>
> Any reason you must do it this way?
>
> As for your question,
>

> >> I can't give the data a name to use in the calculations.
>
> may be you can simply use importdata?
>
> A=importdata('myfile.txt');
> or A=load(.....)
>
> and here is your variable.
>
> For text files better to use textscan or importdata I would think.
>
> --Nasser

Thanx for the reply Nasser,
The solutions you gave, work for only one 'direct' path file.
I need to do this for all my files, so I 'm not planning to change 200 times the 'myfile.txt' name.
The eval(['load ' fnames(k).name ' -ascii']); code I use to give the correct file (which is a string (converts number to string)), because the code below can't recognize the files correct.

for k = 1 : length(fnames)
fname = fnames(k).name;
log = impordata('fname.txt'); // fname is variable so this gives a problem
disp(log)
end

I hope you can help me.