Topic: Unfortunate Side Effect of Upgrading to Mathematica v9 on Macintosh
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 3:38 AM

James Stein

Re: Unfortunate Side Effect of Upgrading to Mathematica v9 on Macintosh

Possible good news:
The issue I reported earlier may only affect OX X 10.6.8 and earlier;
otherwise Wolfram would have found the bug.

Bad news:
Even if the incorrect application-creator of a notebook is changed by
hand, so the clicking on the notebook will open it in Mathematica v9
(instead of the AppleScript Editor), when the notebook is modified by
Mathmatica and saved, it is saved as an AppleSriipt Editor text file.

For those of us running pre-Lion Mac OS X (of necessity), this is *
unworkable*.

-- James