Topic: Default font in Mathematica 9
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 4:09 AM

Brendan Godfrey

Re: Default font in Mathematica 9

Murray,
I am referring to Output cells. I used the Creative/Natural Color
stylesheet (which no longer is accessible from the Mathematica 9 menu, but
does exist among the Mathematica files). Interestingly, I now see that my
Output cells were in Traditional Form but now are in Standard Form. Any
thoughts? Thanks,
Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray Eisenberg [mailto:murray@math.umass.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2012 10:08 AM
To: mathgroup
Subject: Re: Default font in Mathematica 9

On Dec 3, 2012, at 4:02 AM, Brendan Godfrey <brendan.godfrey@ieee.org>
wrote:

> Mathematica 8 had Times as its default font. Mathematica 9 uses Courier.
How do I change it back to Times?

What cell style(s) are you referring to -- Input? Text?

I believe the default for Input cells has remained Courier across several
versions, including 9.

At least on Mac, the default for Text cells has indeed changed -- from Times
to Arial.

To revert to Mathematica 8's Text default of Times, you'll need to mess with
the Default.nb stylesheet, per methods documented elsewhere. Or, better yet,
create your own version of that stylesheet.

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305