Topic: Wormley as a abusive poster Re: physicists have split a single
photon into a pair of daughter photons and then...

Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 9:40 PM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: Wormley as a abusive poster Re: physicists have split a single

On Dec 8, 4:35 am, benj <b...@iwaynet.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 00:50:54 -0800, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > We cannot have a poster, with various fake names submitting 50 or 100
> > one liner posts can crowd out other posters who really have something
> > new to say about physics.

> It's called "free speech" archie. Just filter them out or join in the
> "debate".
>

> > Maybe the reason sci.math is working so well with New Google Newsgroups
> > is because they had already sought for a moderator or panel of
> > moderators to weed out the abuse, but that sci.physics has no moderator
> > as of yet.
> > And if sci.physics does eventually find a moderator or panel, they
> > should consider posters like Sam Wormley who fill up the board with one
> > liner nonsense, not so much to do physics, but to bury those he/it
> > despises.

> Oh sure, a Nazi moderator. Now that's the answer. Why don't you form a
> club for kids called the "Wormley Youth" while you are at it. If you want
> Nazi censorship just take your 3 posts a day over to Physics Forums and
> see how far you get.
>
> While I certainly condone your abuse of Wormley, somehow you seem to have
> forgotten that you, like me, are an "official crackpot" around usenet and
> will be the first to be "banned for life" (again).

Funny thing happened is that someone deleted my post. The above is a
reply to my post, but my post no longer exists.

Here it is, again, in full:

Newsgroups: sci.physics
From: Archimedes Plutonium <plutonium.archime...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 00:50:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Wormley as a abusive poster Re: physicists have split a
single photon into a pair of daughter photons and then...
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this author
On Dec 6, 7:59 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > (Phys.org) Using a photon fission process, physicists have split a single photon into a pair of daughter photons and then split one of the daughter photons into a pair of granddaughters to create a total of three photons. All three photons, the scientists showed, share quantum correlations between their energies (corresponding to their momentums) and between their emission times (corresponding to their positions). The study marks the first experimental demonstration of energy-time entanglement of three or more individual particles, building on the original two-particle version proposed by Einstein, Podolsky, and Rosen (EPR) 77 years ago.
> > Read more at:http://phys.org/news/2012-12-physicists-entanglement-einstein.html#jCp

Wormley could not even tell you how many photons comprise a gamma ray
burst, yet he agrees with some Captain Kangaroo researchers
publication of handling a single photon.
There are many, and most people who do physics are stigmatized by
"what is published is 100% true"
A more healthy attitude towards published material is that 50% is
true ?and the other 50% is hockey puck.
Let us vote to decrease the amount of spam posting by Wormley to the
sci.physics newsboard.
He makes blizzards and blizzards of posts, of one liners linked to
another site. He does this (probably a computer program at Iowa State
U.) not for the physics involved, but does it more to fill the first
page of sci.physics and to throw the posts of others onto the later
pages.
So we need a New RULE in the science newsgroup to prevent poster
hoggs ?from filling up the board, just to throw other posters to far
flung ?pages.
A rule that in 24 hour periods, a poster cannot have more than say 3,
or 4 or 5 posts.
So Wormley can consolidate his mountain blizzard of 100 posts of 1
liners into just 5 posts.
I have been on Usenet since 1993, and in those 20 years, I averaged
about 3 posts per day, some days I had maybe 5 others I had 1. Some
weeks I had 0. When on vacation, I had 0.
We cannot have a poster, with various fake names submitting 50 or 100
one liner posts can crowd out other posters who really have something
new to say about physics.
Maybe the reason sci.math is working so well with New Google
Newsgroups is because they had already sought for a moderator or
panel ?of moderators to weed out the abuse, but that sci.physics has
no ?moderator as of yet.
And if sci.physics does eventually find a moderator or panel, they
should consider posters like Sam Wormley who fill up the board with
one liner nonsense, not so much to do physics, but to bury those he/
it ?despises.
AP