Topic: Wormley as a abusive poster Re: physicists have split a single
photon into a pair of daughter photons and then...

Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 9:40 PM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: Wormley as a abusive poster Re: physicists have split a single

On Dec 8, 4:35 am, benj <b...@iwaynet.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 00:50:54 -0800, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > We cannot have a poster, with various fake names submitting 50 or 100
> > one liner posts can crowd out other posters who really have something
> > new to say about physics.

> It's called "free speech" archie. Just filter them out or join in the
> "debate".

What Usenet needs to strive for, which is one of the reasons for New
Google Newsgroups is

FREE and FAIR SPEECH

When you have abuse of off-topic posts then that needs to be dealt
with.

When you have posters like Sam Wormley (likely a computer program)
with 100 posts per day filling up sci.physics compared to someone else
who makes 2,3,4 posts per day to sci.physics is not Fair Speech.

Just the sheer volume of someone posting one-liners versus someone
actually doing physics with full pages, is a Usenet that is not Fair,
because if you have Wormley and others doing that game of volume
posting just to bump off everyone to a hidden back page makes for a
sad forum for discussion.

The only clear solution is to set the volume of posts per day for
everyone in Usenet. If it is 5 posts per day, then Wormley can
consolidate his 100 posts into 5 posts.

So let us not be a half brain, Benj, about posting to Usenet, and
instead be a full brain to recognize consideration and respect for
other posters, that to make 100 posts per day just to bump other
posters off the first two pages of the poster board is very bad and
abusive behaviour.

May as well call it Wormley's sci.physics.

AP