Topic: Date Formatting
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 11:33 PM

James Stein

Re: Date Formatting

Here is a simple, if ugly, routine to reformat Excel dates to
Mathematica's DateLists:

ClearAll [ reformat ];
SetAttributes [ reformat, Listable ];
reformat [ excelDate_String ] := Module [ {m, d, y},
{m, d, y} = StringSplit[excelDate, "-"];
m = Switch[m,
"Jan", 1, "Feb", 2, "Mar", 3, "Apr", 4, "May", 5, "Jun", 6,
"Jly", 7, "Aug", 8, "Sep", 9, "Oct", 10, "Nov", 11, "Dec", 12, _,
Abort[]];
{y, m, d} // ToExpression
];
reformat [ { "Mar-15-2010", "Apr-15-2011", "Dec-25-2012" } ]
reformat [ "Foo-13-1999" ]