Topic: preview latex in the matlab editor
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 12:25 PM

Uwe Brauer

Re: preview latex in the matlab editor

"Yair Altman" wrote in message <ka41oq$j94$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Uwe Brauer" wrote in message <ka2urf$rgp$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello
> >
> > I use most of the time (X)emacs with Eric L matlab-mode.
> > However Xemacs allows me to display math formula which I
> > add in the doc strings of my program, as png.
> >
> > I have screenshots, but unfortunately I cannot attach them here.
> > Could such a feature be implemented.
> >
> > It would so to speak be a sort of Matlab Notebook (MS Word) feature.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Uwe Brauer

> Take a look at the publish function and its functionality, which is integrated in the Matlab Editor: http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_prog/marking-up-matlab-comments-for-publishing.html
>
> Specifically, you can use it to create a doc with a LaTeX formula
>
> Yair Altman
> http://UndocumentedMatlab.com

Well I know about publish (I even have proposed some changes in the template in order to use the listings env instead of verbatim)

But publish is something very different from what I have in mind. publish
generates a LaTeX file, while I am talking of displaying LaTeX formula in the editor as png. If you want I send you a screenshot.