Topic: How do you TraditionalForm inside your TextCell?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 11:32 PM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: How do you TraditionalForm inside your TextCell?

Within a Text cell, type Ctrl ( to begin the in-line mode, then type the equation or whatever you want, and finally type Ctrl ) to end the in-line mode.

On Dec 9, 2012, at 10:58 AM, sabio@isabio.com wrote:

> I used to be able to transform a portion of my text cell into TraditionalForm by highlighting it then pressing control-shift-T. Now it does not work.
>
> Generating an output using TraditionalForm, then copying it into my text cell does not work either.
>
> In fact, I don't know of any way to signal that I am going to start typing an equation. In only way I figured out is by using Pallet and falsely start with exponent template, then do not enter the exponent.
>
> Did anyone figure out how to insert equations inside a text cell?
>
> James Choi

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305