Topic: Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 2:35 AM

NBM

Re: Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files

Thanks for your reply!
yes, that's what I had to do ... rerun the whole calculation on M9 which
again took a few hours!! (I know ... not good at optimizing code)
But then what is the purpose of having .mx files to save the workspace
variables for future use ... if they can only be read by the version in
which they have been produced ... it is senseless ...