Topic: iterate over many inline functions?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 11:08 AM

Steven Lord

Re: iterate over many inline functions?

"Paul " <pjanowsk@eden.rutgers.edu> wrote in message
> Is there a way to group many inline functions into some single object so
> that I can then iterate over them?

Use a cell array.

> In my specific case, I have defined a set of 20 basis functions that I am
> using for a regression procedure. I've named the 20 inline functions like
> so:
>
> phi1
> phi2
> phi20

Don't do this. See question 6 in the Programming section of the newsgroup
FAQ; one of the alternatives it suggests is a cell array.

http://matlab.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com