Topic: Alignment of 3D Points
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 2:46 AM

Anu

Re: Alignment of 3D Points

"Matt J" wrote in message <kafh50$onj$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Anusha " <anusha@cs.usm.my> wrote in message <kafdo9$cub$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > But I have different number of point for set A and set B. Can procrustes can be done on this case? I prefer to align them to a standard coordinate system, let say mayb on a given center of gravity.

> Assuming A is 3xN and B is 3xM, you can translate the centroid of B to coincide with the centroid of A as follows
>
> Bnew=bsxfun(@plus,B,mean(A,2)-mean(B,2));
>
> It's not clear, though, why you're only asking about aligning the centroids. What information is there about the rotation of A relative to B and why don't you care about it?

Actually what I need to do is aligning A and B into a standard coordinate system. When I say aligning to the centroid, it means that during aligning A and B to standard coordinate, maybe the centroid of either A or B can be utilized to give the center of gravity for alignment. Hope Im making myself clear.