Topic: Alignment of 3D Points
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 2:46 AM

Anu

Re: Alignment of 3D Points

"Matt J" wrote in message <kafkp8$83i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Anusha " <anusha@cs.usm.my> wrote in message <kafjg0$3ta$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > Actually what I need to do is aligning A and B into a standard coordinate system. When I say aligning to the centroid, it means that during aligning A and B to standard coordinate, maybe the centroid of either A or B can be utilized to give the center of gravity for alignment. Hope Im making myself clear.

> No, I'm afraid not. What makes you think A and B aren't already measured in the same coordinate system right now? After all, they're already both in R^3 and R^3 is a pretty standard coordinate system.
>
> Is A a transformation of B? If so, what does that transformation look like and why aren't there the same number of points before and after the transformation?

Actually A and B represents points on a surface of medical structure. Capturing the medical structure at different time wil not provide an aligned point set representastion. I have checked this, and the structure A and B are not aligned at the same axis. thts why I need to aligned them to a common axis/center of gravity so tht further processing can be done.