Topic: Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Wayne Bishop posted Dec 14, 2012 6:30 AM:
> For a long time, I was trying to ignore her
> self-serving diatribe hoping it would go away but
> Jeremy Kilpatrick's electronic collection of
> signatures for Stanford* pushed me over the hump.
> Attached is my response cleaned up and looking more
> e professional with Jim Milgram's help and more is
> available at his website
> http://math.stanford.edu/~milgram.
>
> Wayne
>
> * http://www.change.org/petitions/the-community-of-math
> ematics-educators-join-in-defending-fundamental-values
> ?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=one_h
> undred_signatures

I have expended quite considerable effort in trying to read "A Response to Some of the Points of: When Academic Disagreement Becomes Harassment and
Persecution" by Wayne Bishop (with R. James Milgram), the document attached to the above-noted message from Professor Bishop. [I have NOT tried to read the other documentation, to which Professor Bishop has provided links in his message].

I spent a good bit of time on reading that document.

The prose is well-nigh unreadable.

My recommendation: The good Professors Bishop and Milgram would do well to attend a course on "How to Write Clearly and Effectively". I understand such courses are readily available in the USA.

I would have to be paid - and paid very sizably - to read (and properly understand) that turgid document.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that the EASY way to avoid such tedium would be to avoid reading any messages purported to originate from GSC. [I understand Mr Garelick is associated in some way with Professor Bishop or Professor Milgram])

Message was edited by: GS Chandy