Topic: Symbolic Math: Combining Equations
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 2:29 AM

bartekltg

Re: Symbolic Math: Combining Equations

W dniu 2012-12-14 21:53, cypher pisze:
> How do I combine equations symbolically? For example:
>
> f1 = sym('ax +b')

> f2 = sym('cx+d')
> f3 = f1*f2
> I'm looking for an output like f3 = 'acx^2+bcx+adx+bc'

f4 = expand(f3)
f5 = collect(f3,'x')

Maybe you should read "simplifications and substitutions",
there is more functions provided to manipulate symbolic expression.

> I am working on an extremely large set of equations and unfortunately
> they don't fit on paper.
> Thanks for the help!

Hmm, your boss won't buy you mathematica? ;)

If equations are only polynomial, check:
polyval, conv, polyfit, roots...

bartekltg