Topic: Parameter free x non parameter free definability!
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 1:29 AM

Tanu R.

Re: Parameter free x non parameter free definability!

Virgil write:

> In article
> <c9da2cdd-0f6f-4f9f-aac8-3bdf4636d373@n8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

>>>   If we allow arbitrary parameters every set A is definable,

>> If we allow to use all real numbers all real numbers are definable by
>> let r be any real number.

> Each real number must be testable for "real-numberness"

Or Else Mind The Cheriff!

> in order to define the set of them.

Or Else Mind The Cheriff!

> But that does not mean one has to know WHICH real number one has.

So IT has THEM...

> We can,

Yes...

> for instance, determine that what we have is a Dedekind cut

Can it.

> without knowing which Dedekind cut we have.

Right. I love it.

> Or that we have an equivalence class of Cauchy sequences without
> knowing which one.

OR me.

> And so on.

Ya ored ma.

>> But why should we define them if they are
>> part of the definition.

> Only in WMytheology are they part of the definition.
>

>> And what kind of definition would that be?
>
> One which only WM would ever use.
>

>> This quality may be sufficient for matheology, but not for
>> mathematics.

> Its your own WMytheology, WM, so only you can speak for it!

I hope WM will take the pills mankind did invend to help him out a time.
And a hand.