Topic: Graph
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 4:40 AM

Re: Graph

In article <5d700382-9617-4a00-b88f-9881a0073257@googlegroups.com>,
Sonia <slopezbardo@gmail.com> wrote:

> A planar graph, simple, G with no vertex of degree one or two have a vertex
> of degree 3, 4 or 5
> Do you know how to show, or what book I can find something?

If you have been reading about planar graphs, you have probably seen
that if a connected simple planar graph has v vertices and e edges,
then e <= 3v - 6.

Now suppose your statement is false, i.e. every vertex has degree at
least 6. What follows?

Ken Pledger.

Date Subject Author
Read Graph