Topic: xpc target which webcam?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 28, 2013 2:20 PM

Gordon Weast

Re: xpc target which webcam?

Daniel,

With USB, there are several different standard protocols for different
classes of device. We have a webcam driver that meets the standard
protocol. That is what we're referring to as a 'standard video class'
driver.

If a webcam can be used in Windows or Linux without installing a custom
driver, then it is compliant with the standard video class and should
work fine in xPC Target. However, since we haven't tested with ALL
available cameras, it is still possible that there are some functions
that don't quite work with some camera. We want to hear of any such cases.

For higher performance, we have a driver for the Neon CLB CameraLink
board from BitFlow. CameraLink is a high performance digital camera
interface.

We have not added a GiGE Vision driver at this time.

Gordon Weast
xPC Target Development
MathWorks