Topic: Modeling of NFL game results
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 3:09 PM

Scott Hemphill

Re: Modeling of NFL game results

Scott Hemphill <hemphill@hemphills.net> writes:

> Scott Hemphill <hemphill@hemphills.net> writes:
>
> [snip]
>

>> I decided to rate each team with a single number, such that the
>> probability that a team rated "r1" has a probability beating a team
>> rated "r2" is given by:
>>
>> p = CDF[NormalDistribution[], r1-r2];

> Hmmm. I guess my code actually implements "r2-r1" instead of "r1-r2".
> It doesn't matter, except one way high ratings are better than low
> ratings, and the other is vice versa.
>

>> filename="matrix.m";
>> prec;

> I don't know how this line got shortened. My original has "prec".

Now I know how this got shortened. My original has "prec" followed by
an equal sign followed by the number 20. Some software somewhere
interpreted this as a MIME space indicator. Then at some later point
the space got removed.

Scott
--
Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu
"This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear