Topic: Array of array
Replies: 14   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 12:23 PM

CHINEDU

Re: Array of array

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kbf3o1$n5s$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 12/26/2012 5:07 AM, CHINEDU wrote:
>

> > dpb, please kindly let me know how to initialize these Array of arrays.
>
> a) initialize them before creating the cell array from them, or
>
> b) use the same multi-level addressing syntax to specify the location of
> the target for the rhs in any normal Matlab assignment.
>
> See other note/response on more info on multi-level addressing and the
> relative simplicity of the straightforward array vis a vis this solution...
>
> --

dpb, I know I can initialize a matrix using A = zeros(20,30)
how do I initialize a matrix of subarrays?

I actually want to store the positions of the center of base of cylinders in a matrix, so each element must be a subarry of 3 elements corresponding to the x, y and z coordinates.

I have already created 3 different matrices for these 3 cordinates but I think that array of array would be more straightforward to work work with.

Thanks.