Topic: Matrix variable with parametric elements
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 5:38 PM

Michael Doukas

Re: Matrix variable with parametric elements

"Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <kberft$tjo$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 12/26/2012 6:37 AM, Michael Doukas wrote:
> > "Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <kbeqd7$r15$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> >> How did you get that columns 9 will have 56:67? I think it should be 52:62
> >>

> > I am defining the ranges that each column may take.
> > There is no need to be of the same length for my purposes, they just need to
> >increment with a step of 1.
> > I do not see any problem with that.
> >

> col1: 0 1 2
> col2: 3 4 5 6
> col3: 7 8 9 10 11
> col4: 12 13 14 15 16 17
> col5: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
> col6: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
> col7: 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
> col8: 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
> col9: 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
>
> So, may be you can explain again, how last column should be 56:67?
>
> --Nasser

I do not have the prerequisite that the col(i+1) contains col(i)+1 elements.
The ranges in my first post are just an example.
My problem specific ranges are:
col1: 0:2
col2: 3:4
col3: 5:7
col4: 8:11
col5: 12: 22
col6: 23:24
col7: 25:26
col8: 27:39
col9: 40:52

For each column one random integer must be selected.
Therefore, two possible rows of the resulting array (B) may be:
Brow1=[1,4,7,9,15,23,25,32,50]
Brow2=[0,3,5,8,14,23,26,29,42]

I hope that I have made myself more clear now.