Topic: Parallel Toolbox
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:29 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: Parallel Toolbox

"Edwardo " <edwardo.rivera@upr.edu> writes:

> I will use the toolbox with spmd: message passing. I have some
> experience with MPI in C. I search some doc abour the labSend and
> labReceive functions.
>
> My question are: Did I need to specify the exact quantity of what I want to
> receive as in C? (looks line not)

You do not. You can send any MATLAB data types, and the receiving side
automatically gets the right size and type of data.

> To receive information, did the variable
> "data" be the same size as what is being received?
> data = labReceive(source,tag)

No, you do not need to pre-allocate 'data' - any previous value is
ignored and overwritten.

> If I need to read a lot of files that are in my home directory on a cluster and
> the other matlab workers are in other computers, (cores) (because is a
> cluster...) the workers can have access to a file that is in my home directory??
> (the answer mut be no right??)

That depends on how your cluster is set up. Some are set up so that all
worker nodes can see a common filesystem.

Cheers,

Edric.