Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

Ralf Bader

WM wrote:

> On 1 Jan., 19:19, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The distinguishability argument is a deep intuitive argument about the
>> question of Countability of the reals. It is an argument of mine, it
>> claims that the truth is that the reals are countable. However it
>> doesn't claim that this truth can be put in a formal proof.

> The distinguishability argument is neither deep nor intuitive.

It is not even an argument, just question-begging.

> And is
> not an argument of yours since you do not even understand its
> implications. It is simply the basis of the axiom of extensionality.
> How should we distinguish elements if they could not be distinguished?
>
> we arrive finally at:

>> FINAL CONCLUSION:
>>
>> The number of all reals is COUNTABLE.

> Of course this would be the result if "countable" was a sensible
> notion.

You even know what the result would be if non-sensible notions involved
were sensible. Mückenheim, you are either the Greatest Genius Of All Times
or one of the greatest idiots.

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de