Topic: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Replies: 43   Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 9:20 PM

Porky Pig Jr

Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:04:18 AM UTC-5, tdadamemd-...@excite.com wrote:
> The reason why Tau is a fundamental number is because it is the Identity Operator for Rotation. Pi is lacking in such fundamental utility.
>

> Tau is as fundamental to Rotation as Zero is to Addition and One is to Multiplication. Tonight I watched several YouTube videos about Tau and I didn't see anyone make mention of this fact. Bob Palais wrote an excellent article back in 2001. But the arguments that I've seen favoring Tau over Pi were basically a matter of style and taste.
>

> The reason why Tau is worthy of primacy over Pi is not because of any such artistic reasons, but because of this fundamental mathematical reason.
>

> ~ CT

Gee whiz I'm going to start watching YouTube as well so I can make some fundamental maths discoveries, just like you did. Thanks so much, dude.

Date Subject Author
1/2/13
Read The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J.B. Wood
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Graham Cooper
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Sam Wormley
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J.B. Wood
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Transfer Principle
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J.B. Wood
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/8/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/8/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/7/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Porky Pig Jr
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
trj
1/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Michael Press
1/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Michael Press
1/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/10/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Michael Press
1/10/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/11/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/11/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/16/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/17/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/24/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Wally W.