Topic: Elliptical Integrals in Matlab
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 4:06 PM

Alan Weiss

Re: Elliptical Integrals in Matlab

On 1/2/2013 11:44 AM, Vsh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> How does matlab compute ellliptical integrals, numerically or
> analytically? Is there anyway to to compute elliptical integrals, e.g.
> complete elliptical integral of second type, analytically? I would
> appreciate any help or references.
> Also, Mathematica is able to perform elliptical integral on a complex
> number (fn: EllipticE) but its equivalent in matlab (fn: ellipke) can
> not perform integration in this domain. Again, any comments or
> references would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

Symbolic Math Toolbox has this functionality for MuPAD notebooks,
including in the complex domain.
The full list of related functions:

Most computations are numeric, not analytic, as explained on the
reference pages.

Alan Weiss