Topic: SPMD, data stuck in lab?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 2:56 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: SPMD, data stuck in lab?

"Chuck37 " <chuck3737@yahooremovethis.com> writes:

> I have a big hunk of data that I generated in an SPMD loop. I kept it
> in lab (worker) number one. When I try to get it like:
>
> Mlocal = M{1}
>
> it complains that the data is too big. It says something about
> transparency if I try to save it to disk inside SPMD.

You cannot write a SAVE statement directly in the body of an SPMD block
because of transparency, but you can pass the data to a function which
calls save. I.e. something like this:

spmd
saveData('myFileName', M);
end