Topic: Image processing for fluorescence image intensity reading
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 8:31 PM

ImageAnalyst

Re: Image processing for fluorescence image intensity reading

"Ling Fang Toh" wrote in message <kc3sio$m0j$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I need to read intensity values for JPEG fluorescence image in gray scale (in black and white), and use the values to calculate temperature readings.
> Previously I have tried using imread() and impixelinfo command, as well as intensityValue=Image(X,Y), but i think it only reads rgb values. What I'm looking for are single values in 3 decimal places for precision purpose. I'm wondering if this can be done... Is it also possible to view the values by simply placing the cursor over the image?
>
> I have posted a similar question earlier but I was unable to comment on the answer to clarify my inquiry further. My apologies that I'm new to this webpage.

Your jpeg image will be integer - it will have no 3 decimal places after the decimal point, they're all zero because it's integer.

You can use impixelinfo() to display rgb or gray level values as you mouse over the image. It works with both, so try it again.

intensityValue=Image(X,Y) will only work for grayscale images, not RGB images. You'd need to specify a color channel intensityValue=Image(X,Y, 1) or extract the color channels into separate monochrome images:
% Extract the individual red, green, and blue color channels.
redChannel = rgbImage(:, :, 1);
greenChannel = rgbImage(:, :, 2);
blueChannel = rgbImage(:, :, 3);

You can also try Answers: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/ There are a lot of experts over there and you can edit your posts so it's nicer.