Topic: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 5:05 AM

Pubkeybreaker

Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?

On Jan 4, 12:01 am, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the RSA challenges have a given time complexity of factoring the
> primeproduct, or did they have one that  changed during resent years?

If I could figure out what you are asking, I would answer.....

What is a "RSA challenges have a given time complexity"? What does
"given"
mean in this context? Why do you ask only about RSA challenges?

Are you asking for the time complexity of the fastest known general
purpose factoring algorithm?

It is exp( (C+o(1)) (log N)^1/3 (loglog N)^2/3) where C =
(64/9)^1/3

As for the second part, what do you mean by "recent"?

The time complexity has changed over the last 10 years,
but only the o(1) term.

Date Subject Author
1/4/13
Read Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
JT
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
David Bernier
1/8/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Michael Stemper
1/8/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Phil Carmody
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Richard Tobin
1/11/13
[...]
amzoti
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
amzoti
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Graham Cooper
1/11/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
David Bernier
1/30/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Rosario1903