Topic: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 5:05 AM

Pubkeybreaker

Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?

On Jan 4, 9:13 am, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 Jan, 13:09, Pubkeybreaker <pubkeybrea...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 4, 12:01 am, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does the RSA challenges have a given time complexity of factoring the
> > > primeproduct, or did they have one that  changed during resent years?

> > If I could figure out what you are asking, I would answer.....
>
> > What is a "RSA challenges have a given time complexity"?  What does
> > "given"
> > mean in this context? Why do you ask only about RSA challenges?

> > Are you asking for the time complexity of the fastest known general
> >  purpose factoring algorithm?

> > It is   exp( (C+o(1)) (log N)^1/3  (loglog N)^2/3)  where C =
> > (64/9)^1/3

> > As for the second part, what do you mean by "recent"?
>
> > The time complexity has changed over the last 10 years,
> > but only the o(1) term.

> Well i thought that any task that require computational work had time
> complexity? And that time complexity describes the amount of work
> needed that is generally needed to solve a problem.
> Does not factoring primeproduct have time complexity?

I gave the time complexity for the fastest known algorithm (Number
Field Sieve). Reread my post.

> It was along time since i read about sorting algorithms or did any
> discrete math.
> And i thought the work of bruteforcing a primeproduct could be given a
> time complexity just like sorting problems.

It can. But noone factors large numbers by brute force.

Date Subject Author
1/4/13
Read Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
JT
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
David Bernier
1/8/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Michael Stemper
1/8/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Phil Carmody
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Richard Tobin
1/11/13
[...]
amzoti
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
amzoti
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Graham Cooper
1/11/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
David Bernier
1/30/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Rosario1903