Topic: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 5:05 AM

Phil Carmody

Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?

richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) writes:
> In article <88cd9a63-630a-4344-b425-834392a2682a@h2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
> Pubkeybreaker <pubkeybreaker@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >Idiot.
>
> I guess this is why you post anonymously. Or are you a jerk in
> real life too?

He's not anonymous at all. He's Robert Silverman. Ex-Mitre, ex-RSA Labs,
very widely published and highly respected in the field of number theory.
And he has consistently used the handle 'pubkeybreaker' so there's never
been any confusion about his identity.

As long as he sticks to mathematics, he's one of the most valuable contributors
to any forum he participates in. He's pretty much the only person posting
from googlegroups that I give a positive score to, such that I can still
see his posts.

Alas, he doesn't always stick to mathematics, and gets a bit cranky now and then.

Phil
--
I'm not saying that google groups censors my posts, but there's a strong link
between me saying "google groups sucks" in articles, and them disappearing.

Oh - I guess I might be saying that google groups censors my posts.

Date Subject Author
1/4/13
Read Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
JT
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
David Bernier
1/8/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Michael Stemper
1/8/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Phil Carmody
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Richard Tobin
1/11/13
[...]
amzoti
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Pubkeybreaker
1/4/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
amzoti
1/10/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Graham Cooper
1/11/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
David Bernier
1/30/13
Read Re: Is factorization of big primeproducts a solved problem YET?
Rosario1903