Topic: How to get the Real and Imaginary part of an expression
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jan 5, 2013 2:18 AM

James Stein

Re: How to get the Real and Imaginary part of an expression

Re and Im work for me, here is what I tried, giving values to s and z:

Module[{w, s, z},
s = 5 + 3 I;
z = 12 - 2 I;
(w = 882)/(s^2 + 2*z*w*s + w^2)
]
Re[%]
Im[%%]

Perhaps I do not understand your question.