Topic: help with special deconvolution
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 8:06 PM

Jonathon Cheah

Re: help with special deconvolution

"Ambroise WALLYN" <a.wallyn@sheffield.ac.uk> wrote in message <kd6ib8$l5i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have pretty much the same problem since ifft( fft(h1) / fft(h2) ) returns a matrix with only zeros...
>
> please keep in touch if you found an answer to your problem.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

The key element in this problem is the mod 2 statement after element convolution add. So, the element answer is clipped to 1. Standard conv does not do that, so the matlab deconv function, which is merely a Y/x answer does not work. However, it appears to me that it should at least gives a useful xcorr peak of x in Y in frequency domain, but it doesnt. If you are interested, you can port Numerical Recipes convlv to matlab, and play with it. It does not give you the correct answer, but at least it does not = all zeros..