Topic: matrix multiplication with zero dimensions
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 10:20 AM

James Tursa

Re: matrix multiplication with zero dimensions

"Roger Stafford" wrote in message <kcdmmk$ekv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Matt J" wrote in message <kcdl09$975$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > But... I still think these things should be documented somewhere. They don't satisfy the basic definitions of matrix multiplication, PROD, or SUM. They're just extrapolations of them.
> I agree with you there. It should have been explicitly documented somewhere.
>
> Roger Stafford

Quoting from the doc for mtimes:

"Note If A is an m-by-0 empty matrix and B is a 0-by-n empty matrix, where m and n are positive integers, A*B is an m-by-n matrix of all zeros."

James Tursa