Topic: FWIW: interesting quote from Ted Kaczynski
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 1:09 AM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: FWIW: interesting quote from Ted Kaczynski

david petry <david_lawrence_petry@yahoo.com> writes:

> "Meanwhile, I was doing well in mathematics. It was fun to solve
> mathematical problems, but in a deeper sense mathematics was boring
> and empty because for me it had no purpose. If I had worked on applied
> mathematics I would have contributed to the development of the
> technological society that I hated, so I worked only on pure
> mathematics. But pure mathematics was only a game. I did not
> understand then, and I still do not understand, why mathematicians are
> content to fritter away their whole lives in a mere game. I myself was
> completely dissatisfied with such a life."
> Ted Kaczynski, from a letter to a Turkish anarchist named Kara

Well, to each his own, right? Up to the point, of course, that they
start mailing bombs to others.

"Do you know why I'm tall?" "Why?"
"Because I eat apples." "Do you know why I'm short?"
"Why?" "Because I'm a kid."
--Quincy P. Hughes (age almost 4) bests his father.