Topic: Problem overloading a System function
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 10, 2013 2:19 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Problem overloading a System function

On 1/8/2013 10:39 PM, klevasseur@mac.com wrote:
> Background to my question: Al Hibbard and I have developed the AbstractAlgebra
>package (https://sites.google.com/site/eaamhl/home ) and over the years,
>some of our names have been usurped by Wolfram for System functions.

Hi;

Thanks for your package. But you really should not have used UpperCase
first letter for names of your functions or variables, since this can
cause conflict with Mathematica's own names, as your example shows.

It is well known that Mathematica uses UpperCase for all its system functions
and symbols. Any one writing a package, even though the package has its own
context, should really consider using only lowerCase starting letter in
the name.

--Nasser