Topic: How get Alt+Click to work in Mathematica in OS X?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 10, 2013 2:20 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: How get Alt+Click to work in Mathematica in OS X?

Never mind: the problem is that on Mac OS X, one must use Command & Click in place of Alt & Click.

On Jan 9, 2013, at 9:19 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murray@math.umass.edu> wrote:

> I've discovered that Alt & Click (i.e., Option & Click) does not seem to be working for Mathematica 9.0.0 under Mac OS X 10.8.2.
>
> Consider the Docuementation Center example:
>
> Manipulate[
> Graphics[{Line[u]}, PlotRange -> 2], {{u, {{-1, -1}, {1, 1}}},
> Locator, LocatorAutoCreate -> True}]
>
> After I evaluate that, if I put the cursor anywhere within the image and do Alt & Click, the nearest Locator just moves a bit in the direction of the cursor location -- but a new Locator is NOT created.
>
> What's wrong and how might I fix this?
>
> (I discovered this problem when trying to use Alexei Boulbitch's function copyCurve that he posted on MathGroup : Alt&Click does nothing, whereas it's supposed to create a Locator.)

---
Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg@gmail.com
80 Fearing Street phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912