Topic: Dynamically updated CurrentValue: I want to know which key is being pressed?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 14, 2013 11:28 PM

Alexey

Re: Dynamically updated CurrentValue: I want to know which key is

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:24:19 AM UTC+4, awnl wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Is there a way to get information with CurrentValue of about which key is
>
> > being pressed? CurrentValue only seems to have ways to get mouse buttons
>
> > and modifier key events---which seems odd, I feel like that's going halfway
>
> > with the sort of functionality CurrentValue could provide and I figure I
>
> > must be missing something?
>

> I think you are looking for "EventKey":
>

> EventHandler[Graphics@Rectangle[], {
>
> "KeyDown" :> Print[CurrentValue["EventKey"]]
>
> }]
>

> hth,
>

> albert

But why not all keys are catched by "EventKey"? For example, pressing "a", "i", "o", "p" etc. does nothing. Why?

Sincerely,
Alexey