Topic: Aligning graphics on frame boundaries
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 11:14 PM

Vince Virgilio

Re: Aligning graphics on frame boundaries

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:51:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce Shore wrote:
> I would like to align, within GraphicsColumn, two or more plots on their
>
> frame boundaries, using Mathematica 7. Back in Jan 2008 this question
>
> was raised by Szabolcs Horv=E1t, so maybe it is answered, but I do not
>
> find the answer in the archives, only the question.
>

> My question is the same as his: I have two or more plots, with different
>
> aspect ratios or with different labels, so the images are not the same
>
> size. I want to align the left and right right sides of the frames in a
>
> GraphicsColumn. I use ImagePadding but this is very clumsy and has to be
>
> redone for every set of frames. Mathematica uses, for all its sizings,
>
> the complete outline of the figure, with labels and so on, not just the
>
> frame. For publications the frames have to be aligned.

[cut]

This has always been awkward to do. Though the ImagePadding approach may suffice for many cases, it works at the wrong level of abstraction.

WRI should consider a new Alignment option value of "Axes", "Frame", or "PlotRegion" in the Column and Grid family of commands.

Vince