Topic: is this just another attack on AP, or is it a technical problem of Google
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 9:01 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: is this just another attack on AP, or is it a technical problem
of Google

On Jan 21, 2:14 am, David Bernier <david...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On 01/21/2013 02:56 AM, David Bernier wrote:
>

> > On 01/14/2013 12:48 AM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> >> About a month or two months ago, the New Google Newsgroups were
> >> dismissing all of my posts under flagged for abuse. Then that stopped.

> >> But now another insidiousattackupon me, is that I can no longer get
> >> any of the New Google Newsgroups and is stuck with the Old Google
> >> Newsgroups. Mind you I prefer the Old because the New is crappy in
> >> trying to post out of. The only good thing about the News Newsgroups
> >> is that it filters out many of the off-topic nonsense such as HVAC or
> >> BroilJab or Kevin nutters.

> >> Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty in trying to get New
> >> Google Newsgroups where it comes up saying " NOT FOUND" and "Error
> >> 404".

> >> So two months ago, my posts were being removed and flagged under New
> >> Google, and now I cannot even get New Google at all.

> >> So is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a directedattackonAP?
>
> >> Like I said so many times before, if Usenet operated to where only
> >> legal names can post and limited to 5 posts per person per 24 hours,
> >> then we would not find ourselves in this bad situation of where we
> >> have two types of Google newsgroups and have unpaid moderators
> >> flagging posts when Google can cleanse the newsgroups automatically by
> >> 1) legal names 2) 5 posts per person per 24 hours.

> >> David Bernier question: are you having this problem of Error 404?
>
> > No. I can see the new Google Groups here:
>
> >https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/sci.math
>
> > dave
>
> I like the Old Google Groups because of the "View Profile"
> Option next to someone's name or Usenet alias .
>
> Does the "View Profile" come with the New Google Groups?
>
> David Bernier

Sometimes you cannot see the header.

I suppose Google is trying to shift the format so as to make room for
advertisement. But in the Old Google, ads are much easier to see.

David, try this and tell me what your computer does.

Go to sci.math in New Google Newsgroups. From there, try to go to
sci.physics and then try to go to sci.physics.electromag. When I do
that, I get "Not Found , Error 404"

Perhaps Google as only found moderators for sci.math, and sci.chem and
where no-one wants to moderate they do not have that newsgroup.

AP