Topic: The Cop Law Paradigm
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 4:28 PM

Kevin

Re: The Cop Law Paradigm

On Jan 17, 2:40 pm, Dare <clydad...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/17/2013 3:16 PM, Kevin wrote:

> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_flattery
>
> >> It's easier to trust something you control.
>
> > :|
>
> > True enough... I suppose in the final analysis, my mother was right
> > (She didn't want me to go into engineering...) I doesn't seem fair, I
> > think... An honest university professor should tell his engineering
> > students that the bosses of engineers are the worst bosses and every
> > other boss an engineer has will be worse then the previous boss... I
> > still have a smile on my face though... Empathy as a science is
> > controlled by engineers... It is dishonest to claim that anyone
> > empathizes with an engineer... It gives engineers at least the margin
> > of power... Only engineers collectively can legitimize who is and who
> > is not an empathetic character.

> Does something change an engineer who becomes a boss (manager)?
> Seems they can be a disaster if they try to come back down in
> the trenches and "dabble" as an engineer again.- Hide quoted text -

Engineers generally want to work for bosses who are engineers... Once
upon a time, Bill Gates promised that systems would become
'transparent to the user'... That serves as advanced warning that
systems will become incomprehensible to engineers and business types
think that the only way to serve the customer is to jam a rod higher
up the ass of engineering.