Topic: Needing a Random List of Non-repeating Values whose
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 1:25 AM

Tomas Garza Hernandez

Re: Needing a Random List of Non-repeating Values whose

Good, but it is not new in v9. It dates back to v6 (cf. Help browser).
-Tomas

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 00:13:21 -0600
From: brtubb090530@cox.net
To: tgarza10@msn.com
Subject: Re: Needing a Random List of Non-repeating Values whose Range and Length

On 1/18/2013 2:41 PM, Tomas Garza
wrote:

Have you
tried RandomSample?

-Tomas

> From: brtubb090530@cox.net

> Subject: Needing a Random List of
Non-repeating Values whose Range and Length

> To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net

> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 00:54:13 -0500

> Consider the following:

> ril[range_Integer]:= RandomInteger[{1,range},range]

> This function is almost what I want; but I need one
which doesn't include any repeated values. This is intended
for use, for example, for a card deck, or dice, etc.

Thanks. Yes that new v9 function is the solution I needed. It has
since been pointed out to me by several others :>)

--
Benjamin Robert Tubb, Finale Music Engraver
Owner of Public Domain Music