Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Joe Niederberger posted Jan 20, 2013 10:21 PM:
> - ---------------------------------
> Because, if
> - - -- DEAN - NED = A, then
> - - -- DEAN - NED should not = D unless you really
> wish to foncuse those pre-algebra kids!
> and
> - - -- ARIEAL - BLAIRE = B is also likely to foncuse.
> - ---------------------------------
>
> That's why I said that I'd like to see their scratch
> paper. Kids have different talents at organizing
> their scratch paper work (and double checking
> thereof). Its very related to algorithm building, and
> that old fashioned view of math that insists that the
> correct answer shows up at the end.
>
> Cheers
> Joe N

Indeed. Knowing just HOW the kids have arrived at their answers would show the teachers a whole lot. I recall an early Math teacher of mine insisting on just that, and I was always most impressed by the way she handled our work (or lack of it): there was NO bull-sh*tting possible!

GSC