Topic: To increase the number of significant digits in the curve fitting tool box
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 12:06 AM

Torsten

Re: To increase the number of significant digits in the curve fitting tool box

"Janani Chander" wrote in message <kdipvo$nef$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to if there is anyway to increase the number of significant digits in curve fitting. I tried to fit and got a fittiong co-efficient as below.
> inear model Poly1:
> f(x) = p1*x + p2
> where x is normalized by mean 0.0002051 and std 0.0002143
> Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
> p1 = 8.119e-05 (8.043e-05, 8.195e-05)
> p2 = -43.82 (-43.82, -43.82)
>
> But for the confidence bound is the same as co efficient, is there anyway i can increase the significant digits in the parameters?

Take a look at
http://compgroups.net/comp.soft-sys.matlab/the-number-of-significant-figures-in-cur/808004

Best wishes
Torsten.