Topic: Detecting white pixel in a low-contrast image of a heart
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 8:49 AM

subramanya

Re: Detecting white pixel in a low-contrast image of a heart

"Eric " <huijoehow@gmail.com> wrote in message <kdjck0$mtg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Dear all,
>
> I am Eric, who is one of the beginner MATLAB users and I would like to seek advise from you in image segmentation.
>
> I have read your post on Cell Segmentation. It is very helpful to me, but I would like to segment an ultrasound image of a heart with some bubbles in it.
>
> The image below shows the complete ultrasound image of a heart with bubbles inside.
> http://flic.kr/p/dNnkpa
>
> Another image of a cropped heart segment with bubbles is shown here: http://flic.kr/p/dNnk4i
>
> I have tried the segmentation methods in your post, but it could not work, maybe the contrast in the image is not clear and I think it requires some image enhancement.
>
> Could you suggest me a way for me to identify the white pixel in the image above?
>
> Thank you
> Eric

img = imread('capture.png');
img = rgb2gray(img);
[r,c]=find(img>=200)
logical operator and the value 200 can be varied.
r and c contains row and column number of pixels satisfying the condition