Topic: How can I change the space between multiline title ?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 9:26 PM

Doug Schwarz

Re: How can I change the space between multiline title ?

In article <kdmi1l$kn9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>,
"Will Fonseca" <willdfonseca@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following title:
>
> h = title({'Frequency vs. Beampattern - GA Array ' ; 'Plane Wave on
> Cylinder (Free-Field) - \phi_{in}=90^{\circ}'},...
> 'FontWeight','bold',...
> 'FontSize',11,...
> 'FontName','Palatino Linotype');
>
> However, the lines are too close, hence I need some extra line spacing.
>
> Does anyone know how to do it ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

You can make a line of text taller than it normally would be by
inserting a large, zero-width character. To do that, append this string
onto whichever line you want to be taller:

tall_str = sprintf('\\fontsize{20}\b');

where you can use any font size you'd like. Essentially what this does
is append a backspace character (ASCII 8), which has no width, to your
string.

I tested this on a Mac, not sure if it'll work elsewhere.

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org