Topic: How can I change the space between multiline title ?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 9:26 PM

Doug Schwarz

Re: How can I change the space between multiline title ?

In article <kdmot1$go1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>,
"Will Fonseca" <willdfonseca@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Thanks for the reply !
> Problem solved !
>
> So, for windows the complete solution is:
>
> tall_str = sprintf(['\\fontsize{14}' blanks(1) '\\fontsize{11}']);
> h = title({'Frequency vs. Beampattern - GA Array ' ;...
> [tall_str 'Plane Wave on Cylinder (Diffraction+Free-Field) -
> \phi_{in}=90^{\circ}']},...
> 'FontWeight','bold',...
> 'FontSize',11,...
> 'FontName','Palatino Linotype');
>

> Cheers,
>
> Will

Will,

I just got a chance to try it on Windows. A slightly better solution is
to use

tall_str = sprintf('{\\fontsize{14}\x81}');

The braces cause the new font size to be temporary so you don't have to
set it back to 11. The character \x81 = hex 81 = decimal 129 seems to
have no width and prints nothing.

I suppose it's possible that a different font (I used the default) could
cause something to print, but I can't try them all. ;-(

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org